Page 1 of 47 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Travis Sanheim

Travis Sanheim

I read this little bit by Meltzer so I decided to check out his numbers for the season ...

Flyers 2014 first-round pick Travis Sanheim has been on fire of late in the Western Hockey League. In his last seven games played, the Calgary Hitmen defenseman has racked up 15 points (three goals, 12 assists) while compiling a plus-eight rating at even strength. Last night, Sanheim had three assists in Calgary's 8-3 romp over Moose Jaw. He has points in seven straight games.
    http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog.php?post_id=64624

The kid has 31 points in 30 games and is plus 14.

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/p...php?pid=166828

Better than a point per game pace for an 18 year D-man is pretty nice. No matter what is happening on the ice with these Flyers it is nice knowing we have some good looking D prospects in the system. Hopefully Hextall and Co don't F that up.
    Last edited by PhillyMac; 12-08-2014 at 11:06 AM.

my path is all math ConspiraCeeZ's Avatar
    Yeah, he's been quite the home run find. It was an off the board pick too.
    Quote Originally Posted by NewSchool View Post
    Like I said, total douche bag I am.
    Quote Originally Posted by esbede View Post
    I was never a good poster.
    Quote Originally Posted by liquidrage View Post
    I'm as a big a coward as they come.

Bow Down to the Timeout abstract's Avatar
    Didn't know much about Sanheim when he was drafted, but after watching a few videos, you could tell he knew how to skate. And he was showing some offensive ability in his limited playing time as well. Ballsy pick, but looking good so far.
    Quote Originally Posted by NoSlackDelta View Post
    You know how you can tell you've fucked up and sound like an idiot, when you've got people like Nora and I in complete agreement with each other on an issue.

Bow Down to the Timeout abstract's Avatar
    btw, also from Metlzer's article, here is Radel Fazleev's goal from the other night. Nice moonwalk. And Sanheim is the one who skated the puck through center ice and got the blue line.

Quote Originally Posted by NoSlackDelta View Post
    You know how you can tell you've fucked up and sound like an idiot, when you've got people like Nora and I in complete agreement with each other on an issue.

Ryan Kesler Fan Club President
    Quote Originally Posted by ConspiraCeeZ View Post
    Yeah, he's been quite the home run find. It was an off the board pick too.
    This.
    Quote Originally Posted by FlyerDuke View Post
    LOL. I actually think Couturier should use cocaine - it may make him skate faster.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marvin View Post
    not sure even coke would help with that.

Sanheim was invited to the Canadian WJC camp along with Morin. Not a lock to make the team, but a good sign. His skating is outstanding and the rest of his game looks to be catching up to it.

With his all around game consistently improving, seems to me that he has stud potential.

Quote Originally Posted by EagleOCNJ View Post
    With his all around game consistently improving, seems to me that he has stud potential.
    ya...his game has been compared to McDonaugh and it would be great if he could approach something close. He's got great size and skill and looks to be a terrific find.

Oh boy. Another Norris trophy candidate joining the ranks of the other Norris trophy candidates the flyers have in the pipeline.
    Quote Originally Posted by TherienLiesTheProblem View Post
    Gauthier played on Aube-Kubel's team, so they've seen him plenty of times. Hextall did seem to shift and touch his face when asked about Gauthier -- some would say it was a poker tell, although probably just a coincidence.
    Quote Originally Posted by EdmFlyersFan View Post
    Ovenchicken held scoreless also so far.

This is the kind of thing that will never ever let anyone take you seriously.

That game looks like a lot of fun to go to.
    aka BeerMan.

Quote Originally Posted by ConspiraCeeZ View Post
    You guys are a bunch of insufferable cunts.