Page 373 of 390 FirstFirst ... 273323363371372373374375383 ... LastLast
Results 3,721 to 3,730 of 3898

Thread: Flyers Prospects

All Star
    Quote Originally Posted by Yourtenderloins View Post
    Manning is an undeserving whipping boy because fans want to see rookies. Manning plays a solid, predictable style of defense. Same as Haag.

Hakstol likes mistake free hockey. Sanheim was becoming increasingly mistake prone and isn't a Ghostisbehere that can make it up on his next shift with something remarkable.

You can't just play all of the rookies for the sake of playing all of the rookies. Manning is outplaying them and earning his spot.
    Good post.

Folks must have forgot the performance of the d and the team when Gudas and McDonald were out for a bit.

Turns out you just can't "play the kids let them learn". Specifically on defense where more often than not rookie/inexperienced errors end up in the net.

You can let them play ... if you are not overly concerned about some Ls in this season when the team has little chance of winning a Cup. The only thing sitting Sanheim does is slow his development curve, IMO. He'll learn more and develop faster playing as compared to just practicing and watching from the pressbox. The decision to sit him is a short term decision made by a coach more concerned with the here and now rather than next season and beyond. For me, that's not the right decision.

Quote Originally Posted by Yourtenderloins View Post
    You are both arguing to play Sanheim for the sake of playing him and are giving no valid reason outside of "he's young" or "the future". Sanheim is not without his warts. He will learn by watching and practicing with the Flyers. He will get back into the lineup at some point and will likely be better because of the time he spent up here even if it is as the 7th defenseman right now.

Manning has played his way into his current role, including PP time. Which has only be over the course of the last 5 games. In which he has had 3 points. It also has nothing to do with pure offense in terms of the PP or 3 on 3. Manning may be the best guy digging pucks off the wall on the PP not named Gostisbehere or Provorov. Maybe Hakstol likes having 1 pure defender out there in case the play goes the other way. Manning is probably the 3rd best defensemen on the team at getting his shot through to the net. There are so many variables outside of just his name and the skills he is credited for. Oh, and outside of the Penguins game, the team is winning.

As far as the 3 on 3 Hakstol has shown to try to play a matchup game. He's rolled out 3rd line players in hopes to get a matchup advantage 1 shift in. I'm not overly concerned.

Sanhiem will get his minutes, but not yet. His trend has been to take time to settle. Let's stop blaming the coach and the other players and maybe consider the idea that Sanheim has not done enough to bump anyone off the roster yet.
    Fair enough. Your logic makes sense to me.

Ratcliffe 2 goals
    Laczynski 2 assists
    Allison 2 assists
    Marody 1 goal
    strome 1 goal

All Star
    Quote Originally Posted by PhillyMac View Post
    You can let them play ... if you are not overly concerned about some Ls in this season when the team has little chance of winning a Cup. The only thing sitting Sanheim does is slow his development curve, IMO. He'll learn more and develop faster playing as compared to just practicing and watching from the pressbox. The decision to sit him is a short term decision made by a coach more concerned with the here and now rather than next season and beyond. For me, that's not the right decision.
    You don't understand the business side of the game. They're a couple points out of a playoff spot. IF and when that changes then I suspect you will see more of the "kids". Until then, they have to ice a team that has the best chance to win.

Not sure why that is such a hard concept to get.

Here's the latest ranking of the Top Prospects who will in the June Draft

ISS Hockey Top 31 Ranked Prospects for 2018 NHL Draft

Published January 10, 2018

Flyers will be right around 10-13 in the draft, out of the playoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Schultz #8 View Post
    Flyers will be right around 10-13 in the draft, out of the playoffs.
    I'm not so sure DS. Right now I'd have to say the chances are more toward making the playoffs then missing. It's a close call.

Games within the division, they are not better than the top 3, Penguins and Rangers are better, Isles and Canes are just about the same.

Rangers game will be a good measuring stick but in the long haul the Flyers do not have enough firepower to match up from the net out. I’m okay with that, young kids getting playing time, Phantoms having some success.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Schultz #8 View Post
    Games within the division, they are not better than the top 3, Penguins and Rangers are better, Isles and Canes are just about the same.

Rangers game will be a good measuring stick but in the long haul the Flyers do not have enough firepower to match up from the net out. I’m okay with that, young kids getting playing time, Phantoms having some success.
    So am I. Personally, I think the team would benefit more from one more year out of the playoffs. But we will see. If they aren't making them, I hope that is evident by Feb26th. But I'm afraid that won't happen.