Page 3 of 312 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast

Thread: Flyers Prospects

OHL numbers always tell the future of a player. Especially an over-ager....

All 3 junior leagues are basically identical in goals/game, so I think the "tough league to score in" thing is overblown. Laughton's also benefiting from playing with Michael Del Colle, who is currently the 4th ranked skater heading into the draft this year. I think we need to pump the brakes a bit on how good he actually is. Is it nice to see him putting up points? Sure. But I wouldn't expect anything more than a fraction of it at the NHL level.

Artist formerly known as kindczar zeusam's Avatar
    this is jsp's fault...he goaded us with the first reply.

Artist formerly known as kindczar zeusam's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by adurn View Post
    All 3 junior leagues are basically identical in goals/game, so I think the "tough league to score in" thing is overblown. Laughton's also benefiting from playing with Michael Del Colle, who is currently the 4th ranked skater heading into the draft this year. I think we need to pump the brakes a bit on how good he actually is. Is it nice to see him putting up points? Sure. But I wouldn't expect anything more than a fraction of it at the NHL level.
    Or is Michael Del Colle the 4th ranked skater because he's playing with Laughton? Hmmmm.....

West of the Jordan, east of the Rock of Gibraltar
    Quote Originally Posted by st93ct9u View Post
    You just keep posting how a NHL player isn't needed because he can be replaced by a prospect.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Schultz #8 View Post
    Where did I mention that?

....maybe trade away a couple pieces on the NHL roster ....
    "He is not a top 6 but a decent enough D-man to be a 3rd pairing." - Dave Schultz #8

"Strange how people who suffer together have stronger connections than people who are most content." - Bob Dylan

Quote Originally Posted by Flyguys03 View Post
    OHL numbers always tell the future of a player. Especially an over-ager....

The comparisons are out there, obviously there is no crystal ball but he has made improvements in areas that are tough to improve upon at each level of play. There is a very good chance he is going to take a similar track to Mike Richards, hopefully minus the oxycodone.
    Be more concerned with your character than your reputation. For your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are.-Fred Shero

20 GOTO 10
    Quote Originally Posted by kindczar View Post
    this is jsp's fault...he goaded us with the first reply.
    agreed. he posted that, dropped the mic and walked out.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvin View Post
    I'm not one to defend DS8, but he was talking about rebuilding the sorry ass defense the Flyers have in that instance, which I think everyone believes needs to be overhauled.

The comparisons are out there, obviously there is no crystal ball but he has made improvements in areas that are tough to improve upon at each level of play. There is a very good chance he is going to take a similar track to Mike Richards, hopefully minus the oxycodone.
    Actually, the greater chance is that he will be a 3rd liner, at best, in the NHL.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvin View Post

Yes, like Grossmann, or Meszaros, or Timonen, or Simmonds, or Hartnell, or Voracek, or Downie, or B Schenn, or yes even Raffnodeson. Couturier is not part of this discussion, untouchable.
    Be more concerned with your character than your reputation. For your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are.-Fred Shero