View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. ICU: 3-19-11 Flyers @ Stars

I am not sure if Kari Lehtonen or Andrew Raycroft will be in net for the Stars, but Lehtonen has started 23 of the Stars last 24 games. The Flyers are the last Eastern Conference team that the Stars will play this season, so this might be a perfect game to give him a rest before their last ten games of the season, but for statistics sake lets assume that Lehtonen will be in net.

Lehtonen has been streaky ...
    Categories
    NHL / Flyers
  2. ICU: Flyers @ Thrashers ingame recap

1st Period
    Turnovers Sloppy start lacking the jump I was hoping for -1
    No Shots on Goal - Five minutes in and not a single shot on goal -1
    1st goal - Stapleton just blew past Giroux and beat Boosh on a shoot he should have saved -3
    Giroux - Claude makes up for getting beat on the goal with some fancy stick work in close +2
    Forecheck - Good pressure on the forecheck generates a decent cycle and a couple of shots +1
    Good Pressure - Still trying to generate ...
    Categories
    NHL / Flyers
  3. ICU: 3-17-11 Flyers @ Thrashers Preview

It's only been four days since the worst melt down of the season for a Flyers team that finally hit a couple of potholes on their ride to the playoff, and they already have an opportunity to make it right. If this team has an ounce of pride, they should be highly motivated to come out and prove to themselves, the Thrashers, and their fans that Saturday's game was an anomaly. ...

Updated 03-17-2011 at 02:41 AM by ICU

Categories
    NHL / Flyers
  4. ICU: Flyers @ Panthers Recap

1st Period
    I thought the team might have something to prove after collapsing in the final minutes of their last game. I really thought that the Flyers would come out with some extra jump in their step, but it looked like they didn't know what time the game started. The Panthers pushed the pace to start the period and ended the period by laying a few heavy hits as the clock ...
    Tags: game recap, icu
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. ICU: 3-15-11 Flyers at Panthers Preview

I really have no idea what to expect out of the Flyers tonight. Last week started with an embarrassing performance in NYC and ended with an embarrassing performance in Philly, and sandwiched in between were two victories that lacked a focused 60 minute effort. Maybe after getting away with coasting to victory in two games, the Thrashers' game was the wake up call that will finally rouse the Flyers' from their ...
    Categories
    NHL / Flyers
Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast